Category Archives: PTE-Speaking
Most helpful and repeated in the PTE-A Exams:
1. Paying at the counter after shopping – check out
2. First story of the basement/building – basement
3. Fed up – Negative feeling
4. Who do you call in case of leaking pipeline – plumber
5. Microscope is used to see – Micro-organism
6. Transfer quickly from computer to computer – virus, Downloading
7. Democratic government – people vote
8. What do you get when you buy something – receipt
9. Agriculture based country – farming economy
10. Stars or planet – astronomy
11. Dead remains of plants – fossils
12. Business and advertising PR means – public relation
13. What do you need to see thing which are far away – Binoculars
14. Magnify minimal objects – microscope
15. Who to visit if you have fear of crowd – psychologist
16. Means of travelling in developed countries – public transport
17. Washing clothes – laundry
18. Who is more playing football – men
19. Living things – Biology
20. Month between September and November – October
21. Thing most people use in their home – Bed
22. Main difference between a wrist watch and a clock – Size
23. Where we store meat – Freezer
24. Most important document while driving – Driving license
25. Where we can buy floor – Supermarket
26. For X-ray – radiology
27. Volume of water – liters
28. Hand joint with arm – wrist
29. wall clock and hand watch – their relative sizes
30. City – Urban area
31. When moon covers sun -solar eclipse
32. Orbits the sun – Planet
33. Football in-charge – referee
34. cardiologists – heart
35. event placed in time order – a timeline
36. sea water different from fresh water – Salt
37. University courses – orally or written assessment
38. washing clothes – in the bathroom
39. protect motor bike rider’s – Helmet
40. leap year – 366 days
41. fitness – more exercise
42. Europe is home to – United kingdom
43. arrival at hotel – reception or check-in
44. job title building designer – architecture
45. watches a sport event – spectator
46. climb to roof – ladder
47. don’t feel like eating – appetite
48. improve health n fitness – diet and more physical exercise
49. What is the name of ground military forces? – Army
50. What is someone that can’t see called? – Blind
51. What do you call the middle of something? – Center
52. Whose job is it to treat people that are ill or have an injury at a hospital? – Doctor
53. What is the process of teaching and learning called? – Education
54. What kind of book is written by a person about their own life? – Autobiography
55. What is the red liquid that flows through a body? – Blood
56. What is the payment of a student’s education by an organization called? – scholarship
57. What is piece of paper with official information written on it? – document
58. What is the name of a building where you can borrow books? – library
59. Who is a person that makes bread, cakes and pastries? – baker
60. What organ controls your speech, feelings, body movement and thoughts? – brain
61. What piece of equipment shows a person what direction they are traveling? – compass
62. What is a series of events that happen in your mind while you are sleeping? – dream
63. What is that person belongs to an organization called? – member
64. Who cuts men’s hair? – barber
65. What is it called when two or more people are speaking to each other? – conversation
66. What is a violent conflict between two or more countries? – war
67. What do you call the number of people living in a specific area? – population
68. What do you call a person that can’t hear? – deaf
69. What is the day that someone is born? – birthday
70. What plan shows how much money is available and how it will be spent? – budget
71. What is the name of a system of government in which the people elect their leaders? – democracy
72. What planet do we live on? – earth
73. What is the job of someone that looks after your teeth and gums? – dentist
74. What is the time period before noon is called? – ante meridian
75. What is the time after noon called? – post meridian
76. What organ do cardiologists specialize in? – Heart
From Mc Millen:
1. Which section of news paper gives the editor an opinion? – editorial
2. what instrument used to examine very small thing – microscope
3. What is the destructive program that spread from comp to comp – a virus
4. what term used for animals that gives birth to – mammals
5. System of government where people vote for people – democracy
6. piece of paper that you bought an item – a receipt
7. What you call the document that tells your qualification and work exp? – CV, curriculum vitae, resume
8. How would you describe economy largely based on farming? – agricultural, rural
9. What is the study of stars and planet called? – astronomy
10. In business and davit what is PR stand for? – public relations
11. What emergency service called at see? – coastguard
12. Name a month fall bet April and June? – May
13. what word describe moving a website from internet to your comp – downloading / download
14. What is called a picture doctor take to see inside body? – an X-ray
15. What crime has someone stealing from shop committed? – shoplifting
16. If someone feeling ill they will say ‘they are feeling under the ___’ what? – weather
17. [under the weather – Feel sick, poor health, tired or exhausted]
18. Who is person in-charge of a football match? – the referee
19. Last game in sporting competition that decide champ? – the final
20. What is the general term for painting at country side or natural view? – landscape
21. Found in office (a printer and other two options)? – a printer
22. There are two types of sporting contests: one is amateur; and other is ___? – professional
23. Where would you find the whale (tropical forest, ocean)? – ocean
24. Coat had a stain on it where would they take? – a dry cleaner’s
25. What are the things that ‘hens lay’ called? – eggs
26. The people who use ___ to obey the rules and protect the public from criminals are called? – the police
27. On what geographical location would someone be living if their country is surrounded by water on all side? – an island
28. What general part of the day is known as dawn? – a sunrise
29. [Part of the Day: “Dawn–Twilight–Sunrise, Morning, Daylight / midday-afternoon, Evening, Sunset–Twilight–Dusk, Night”]
30. What are the people that plant food, raise crop are commonly known as? – farmers
31. If a button has come off a shirt, what would someone most likely use to put it back on? – a needle and thread
32. What appliance do people use to keep their food cool and preventing from spoiling? – fridge
33. To crossover from one side of the wide river to another without using boat, what is usually required? – a bridge
34. What is a painting of a person’s head is called? – a portrait
35. Where do we find urban area in a city or country side? – in a city
36. What we call it, when moon completely blocks out the light from the sun? – a solar eclipse / an eclipse
37. What point of the compass is directly opposite east? – west
38. Where does u pay for your purchases at the super market? – (at the) till / checkout
39. What does u call an apartment that is beyond ground level (a basement apartment or a penthouse apartment)? – a basement apartment
40. What features do pianos and computers have in common? – a keyboard
41. If you are feeling ‘fed up’ it is positive or negative feeling? – a negative feeling
42. “I am fed up with being put down and made to feel stupid”]
43. What we call a period of ten years? – a decade
44. A specialist who repairs leaking water pipes is called a ___? plumber
45. A famous canal links the meditation sea with the Indian Ocean, is it the Curran or Suez Canal? – the Suez canal
46. Where would you keep the meat you wish to keep frozen at home? – in a freezer
47. What is the most imp doc you would have to show if you would to hire a car? – a driving license
48. Where would you go to work out on a trade mill? – a gym / gymnasium
49. What piece of equipment would you use to go diving in a sea, an aquaplane or an aqualung? – an aqualung [ aqualung – a portable breathing apparatus for divers ; aquaplane – a board for riding on water, pulled by a speedboat]
50. Where would you most likely go to buy some flowers (a bakery, a florist or a super market)? – a supermarket
51. which hospital dept you go for x-ray (radiology or cardio) – a radiology
52. Where would you go to see an exhibition of sculptures? – to an art gallery / to a museum
53. Would you measure volume of water in liters or kilos? – liters
54. What’s the joint called where your hand is connected to your arm? – the (or your) wrist
Offline Practice PTE-An Exam:
1. What organ do cardiologists specialize in? – (the) heart / hearts
2. If telescopes are used to locate distant objects, what instrument is employed to magnify minuscule objects? – (electron) microscope / microscopes
3. Which kind of punishment for a crime is the less severe, an imprisonment or community service? – community service
4. How many sides are there in a bilateral agreement? – two
5. Which is the longest: a decade, a millennium or a century? – a millennium
6. A manufacturing process releases noxious gases. What is the most important safety measure for workers at this plant – ensuring good ventilation, or appropriate footwear? – (ensuring good) ventilation
7. A list of events placed in time order is usually described as what? – a chronology / a timeline
8. If a figure is hexagonal, how many sides does it have? – six
9. What key mineral makes sea water different from fresh water? – salt
10. In the animal kingdom, is the purpose of camouflage to attract a mate, to find food or to hide? – (it’s) (the purpose is) (to) hide
All The Best
Latest Short Answer Question which appeared in recent PTE Tests.
1) A long depression in the surface of the land that usually contains a river is called?
2) What is 3/4th of percentage called as?
3) Circumference, radius, diameter form which geometrical shape?
4) What does an optic person deal with?
5) If u have pain in teeth whom do you consult?
6)Name the device of computer having name same to that of an animal.
7)How many years are in a decade?
8)Whenever a person goes to an interview, would he be in an enthusiastic mood or sad mood?
Ans- Enthusiastic mood
7)What special document do most people carry during international travels?
8)What would you call one half of the percentage?
9) What do we call the alphabetical list, at the end of the book, that tells you where to find specific information ?
10) At what ceremony, the students receive their degree or diploma at end of their study ?
11) what is the chemical formula of water ? Or what is the name of H2o?
Ans-H2o or Water
12) Which Animal is not a mammal? Butterfly, cow or Goat?
13)How many years you study for an Undergraduate program?
Ans- 3 years
14)If you forget the way what will you buy to find your destination?
15)If something is POST ,then what does Post mean?
Ans- “Post” means after and “Pre” means before.
16) In hospitals and other shops who gives medicine?
17) If you face any heart related issue whom you will contact?
18) – what do people wear, if they cant see very well?
19) In which branch of science, periodic table comes?
20) when something comes at hault , what does this mean ?
21) After secondary education, students can study in colleges as well as….?
22) If a button has come out of shirt, what would someone most likely use to put it back on ?
Ans-Needle and thread
23) what general part of the day is known as dawn?
24) what does king or queen wear on their head at official ceremonies ?
25) what are winter , spring ,summer and autumn?
26) what is the sweet food produced by bees ?
27) what do we call organs in our chest that we use to breathe ?
28) In English calendar, if March comes before april, then which month will come after April?
IMAGE Based Questions:-
1) Two girls are doing something on laptop. What are they doing?
Ans- Browsing Internet
2) Male and female table and their designations are given. What is the name of female employee in the table?
Ans- Elizibath (Female)
3) A windmill is given in the picture. Name this device which is used to generate electricity?
4) A telephone is circulated (Inside Circle). What is the item which is circulated?
Ans- The Telephone
5) A table with 4 to 5 rows and columns with different course names? How many courses the student took?
6) A table is given with different years and months. What is the Preceding year of April?
Ans- Preceding means previous year
7) An image showing a big indoor stadium. What is this building?
Ans- An indoor stadium
8) Look at the table and find sales of which product were increasing every month. 5-6 products were given and only sales of one product was increasing every month.
9) An image of sunrise is given. What is this image showing? Dawn or Dusk?
10) Data is table is given showing bus timing, Stations and departure and arrivals. What was the departure time of bus from a particular station.
11) An image was given and girl was sitting and paper was in the air. What is happening to the paper? Ans- Scattering/ Its getting scattered.
12) An image was given in which 2-3 people had glasses(funnel shaped) in their hand.What are these people doing?
13) A paint in going on in background and a man is wearing gloves. Why is man wearing gloves?
Ans-He is doing painting
14) A person was wearing goggles blue in colour. What is this person wearing?
15) People are doing something in space on moon. Where are these people?
Ans- On the Moon.
16) A butterfly is shown in an image.How does the butterfly fly?
Ans- With wings.
17) Butterfly in the picture and asks what does it do with wings? Grasp? Flutter? and other two?
All The Best