Essay Topics for PTE Academic
1.Do you think consumer should avoid over packed products or it is responsibility of producer to avoid extra packaging of products?” Give your views or any relevant example with your own experience.
2. Many people think regions affect successful persons. What is your opinion about native regions and accomplished person influence on the regions they belong to
3. The environment we are living in is in danger due to various problems…so who do u think should be responsible to solve it? Is it the governments, organisation or each individuals?
4. Nowadays TV has become an essential part of life. Medium to spread news & awareness and for some it acts like a companion. What is your opinion about this?
5. Company Top level Authorities should or should not take employees suggestions or ideas to take any decisions. Discuss
6. Successful sports stars and glamorous film stars are a role model for youngsters. Do u support it or not? (Agree/Disagree)
7. Company Top level Authorities should or should not take employees suggestions or ideas to take any decisions. Discuss
8. In education system, assessment through written formal examinations is valid or not.
9. Large shopping malls are replacing small shops. What is your opinion about this? Discuss with appropriate examples.
10. Talk about the pros/ cons of this era as is full of daily inventions
11. ANY NEW TECHNOLOGICAL DEVELOPMENT IN THE RECENT YEARS IS A BOON OR CURSE FOR THE SOCIETY IN GENERAL
12. It is argue that getting married before finishing school or getting a job is not a good choice. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
13. Parents should be held legally responsible for their children’s acts. What is your opinion? Support it with personal examples….
14. Marketing strategy for big companies should be placed on offer and discounts, and in what ways this can impact on their reputation.
15. What is the best invention of last 100 years, computer, antibiotics, airplane, and explain why.
16. Dangerous activities like extreme skiing, bungee jumping etc. and whether u support them or not
17. Do you think that place where the person grew has an influence on his accomplishments? Explain with example.
18. Climate change and about the roles that Government, Corporates and Individuals can play to improve it.
19. Nowadays TV has become an essential part of life. Medium to spread news & awareness and for some it acts like a companion. What is your opinion about this?
20. Company Top level Authorities should or should not take employees suggestions or ideas to take any decisions. Discuss
21. Some people believe laws change human behaviour. Do you agree with it?
22. Illiterate of the future would not be one who does not know to read, but people who does not know how to learn
23. Positive and negative effects of the information revolution through mass media.
24. Pros and cons of adventures sports.
25. Large shopping malls are replacing small shops. What is your opinion about this? Discuss with appropriate examples.
26. Talk about the pros/ cons of this era as is full of daily inventions
27. Dangerous activities like extreme skiing, bungee jumping etc. and weather u support them or not
28. It is argued that getting married before finishing school or getting a job is not a good choice. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
29. Imitating celebrities in sports and movies is good or bad
30. Any recent Invention that you think proved beneficial or detrimental to society.
31. In the past 100 years, there are many inventions such as antibiotics, air planes and computers. What do you think is the most important invent for the past 100 years? Why?
32. Do you think that formal written examinations are a good way to assess knowledge at school?
33. Information revolution has changed the ways of mass communication and had some negative and positive effects on individuals’ lives as well as on society. To what extent you are agree or disagree ?
34. Learning a new language at an early age is helpful for children. Is it more positive for their future aspect or have some adverse effects. Do u agree or disagree? Give examples from your experience.
35. In under developed countries, tourism has disadvantages and can be said the opposite as well.
36. Communication has changed significantly in the last 10 years. Discuss the positive and negative impacts of this change.
37. Education is the biggest barrier in my learning – Einstein. What do you mean by this? And do you think Einstein was correct in saying that.
38. Positive and Negative effects of today’s communication.
39. Discuss both sides of Space travel verses current crucial problems faced by human?
40. Do you think English will remain to be a global language despite globalisation?
41. Some people think placing advertisements in schools is a great resource for public schools that need additional funding, but others think it exploits children by treating them as a captive audience for corporate sponsors. Choose which position you most agree with and discuss why you chose that position. Support your point of view with details from your own experiences, observations or reading.
42. Television has many useful functions to play in everyone’s life, for some its relaxation, for some it is companion. Discuss your viewpoint and support your answer with examples and discussion point.
43. You are given climate as the field of study. Which area will you prefer? Explain why you picked up the particular area for your study?
44. People pursue dangerous activities like sky diving, motorcycle sports, white-water river rafting etc. Do you support? If yes, why and if not, why?
45. .’In future illiterate will not be those who cannot read, but those who do not learn’ – By some writer. Discuss what do you understand by this statement and state your reason.
46.It is foolish to get married before getting higher education
47.Scientist are constantly exploring , other planets rather than resolving problems of their own planet”do you think they should explore or try to evade problems of own planet
All the Best
Today we shall be informing you about the important websites for the READING & LISTENING part of the PTE Academic Exam.
- For Multiple Choice Questions – Click Here – Link 1, Link 2, Link 3, Link 4, Link 5
- For REORDER PARAGRAPHS – Click Here – Link 1, Link 2, Link 3, Link 4
- For Fill in the Blanks – Click Here – Link 1, Link 2, Link 3
- For Summarize Spoken Text – Click Here – Link 1, Link 2, Link 3
- For Multiple Choice choose Multiple Answers – Link 1, Link 2
- For FILL IN THE BLANKS – CLICK HERE – Link 1, Link 2, Link 3, Link 4
- For Highlight Correct Summary – Click Here – Link 1, Link 2
- For Select Missing Word – Click Here – Link 1, Link 2, Link 3
- For Highlight Incorrect Words – Click Here – Link 1, Link 2, Link 3
- Write from Dictation – Click Here – Link 1, Link 2, Link 3
Click here for short interesting lectures
All the Best
Today we shall be telling you HOW TO EXCEL IN REPEAT SENTENCES of the PTE Academic SPEAKING section.
- The purpose of the task is to asses your ability to repeat a sentence exactly as you hear it. Both speaking and listening skills are assessed. You will hear a sentence and must then repeat it. You will hear each sentence only once. You will have 15 seconds to record your response. In all you will hear 10-12 sentences.
- In repeat sentences there should be a full concentration and focus on listening the sentence.
- Try to imagine who the speaker is and to whom he or she is speaking. What is the context in which the sentence might be spoken.
- Remember that speaking correctly with fluency and right pronunciation carries maximum marks
- Practice and speak sentences with correct word order.
- Try to understand the sentence.
- Remember the tune(Tone) of the sentence in which it is spoken. We can recall the lyrics of a song on the slightest listening to the tune of a song. So the INTONATION of the sentence is very important.
- Match your rhythm, phrasing & stress of the words with the speaker.
- Listen to the grammatical structure of the sentence to help you to reconstruct the sentence.
- There is no time to write the sentence. Believe in your short term memory. It is very powerful.
- Give a pause for 3-5 seconds and you will recollect what was spoken. Then start speaking as the beep starts.
- Say every word you hear: but if you don’t know a word, say what you think you heard. Don’t keep mum or skip the words.
- Pronounce the word clearly.
- Speak at a normal speed.
- Listen to the various pod casts by speakers in different English accent. Start by stopping after 3-4 words, then gradually expand until you stop about every 8-10 seconds
- Train your short term memory by repeating announcements, jingles, advertisements or song lines that you hear.Take the help of a magazine or newspapers and practice it with your friends.
- Many words in sentence are unstressed or “weak forms”, for e.g. in the phrase as a team, “as a” is unstressed. You will not hear weak forms clearly but the grammar tells you they are present.
- Remember there is no tone before the microphone opens in this task, so start to speak as soon as the STATUS BOX changes to “Recording”.
Practising Links – Link 1, Link 2, Link 3, Link 4, Link 5
Keep practising hard.
All the best
Pls find below some important website links for (PTE) exam practice
- For REPEAT SENTENCES : Click Here Link 1, Link 2, Link 3,
- For READ ALOUD: Click Here
- For DESCRIBE IMAGES: Link 1, Link 2
- For RETELL LECTURE: Click Here Link 1, Link 2, Link 3, Link 4
- For ANSWER SHORT QUESTIONS: Link 1, Link 2, Link 3
- For PRONUNCIATION PRACTICE: Click Here
- For SPEAKING TEST PRACTICE: Click Here
- For LEARNING & SPEAKING new words Click Here
- This tool will help you to convert your speech into text Click Here
Tips for Read Aloud:
- We get around 7-8 questions in this section.
- Fluency carries maximum weight age so speak without any hesitancy.
- Be clear and confident. Speak with enthusiasm.
- Speak at a pace that is comfortable for you and try to sound as natural as possible. I feel if you try to impose a speed that is not comfortable to you, it may do more harm than good.
- Search for difficult words and pronounce it clearly in your mind before it starts recording.
- Fluctuation in the tone and stress for some words is important.
- Watch for plural words, don’t pronounce them wrongly.
- Use the given 35 seconds to read through the text and identify the difficult words with which you might struggle.
- Pay attention to flow of the sentences. Take care of the commas (,) colons(:) semicolons (;) inverted commas(“—–“) and give an appropriate pause and stress as and when required.
- While reading aloud, you should not speak in a flat tone. Just remember the way a radio Jockey or announcer speaks i.e. clearly and in a rhythm. The listener should feel that the information you are giving is interesting, and is able to understand easily. When there is a full stop, your voice should also fade away to make the listener feel that your sentence has ended.
- Try to read the sentence like a news reader with some intonation and purpose.
- Take care of inappropriate stress and incorrect pronunciation of some words.
- Before it starts recording, read the entire sentence once .
- Don’t speak too fast and too slow (record at an appropriate speed)
- Also do not speak loudly. Speak at a normal pitch. Firstly when you speak loudly the computer cannot understand. Secondly it will disturb the other candidates and in return they would also speak loudly, which will disturb you.
- Time for this section is more than sufficient.
- Start speaking as soon as the recording bar appears or when you listen to the beep. If you do not speak for 3 seconds during the process, the computer will stop recording your voice.
- Do not try to speak in foreign accent. Speak in a neutral accent i.e. in your natural way.
Dear Friends ,
As you know the priority and significance of PTE(Pearson Test of English) is increasing a lot nowadays and lots of aspirants are taking this exam. Before we undergo this exam we should be able to understand its format.
PTE Academic is the world’s leading computer-based test of English for study abroad and immigration. Typically, PTE Academic results are available within five business days.