Dear Friends ,
As you know the priority and significance of PTE(Pearson Test of English) is increasing a lot nowadays and lots of aspirants are taking this exam. Before we undergo this exam we should be able to understand its format.
PTE Academic is the world’s leading computer-based test of English for study abroad and immigration. Typically, PTE Academic results are available within five business days.
PTE Academic typically delivers results in five business days, so you don’t need to worry about waiting for results.
Flexible Test Dates
In 2013, we ran test sessions 363 days of the year, at one of over 200 locations worldwide, so you can choose a time and place that suits you.
Approved by the Australian Government for visa applications and accepted by thousands of institutions in the UK, Australia, USA, Canada, New Zealand, and Ireland, including Harvard, Yale and INSEAD.
DID YOU KNOW?
- PTE Academic is a fair test. Our highly accurate computer marking means consistent scores and no potential for examiner bias.
- PTE Academic is secure. Give universities confidence in your score: palm-vein scanning, randomised test forms and data forensics ensure universities know your test score is really yours, and mean that your score is safe.
- PTE Academic tests real-life language. Prepare for life abroad as you listen to university lectures and respond to questions about life on campus with our real-life test of academic English.
- PTE Academic is unlimited. You can send your scores to as many institutions as you choose – there are no additional fees for extra score reports.
For More Details Click Here
ABOUT THE TEST
PTE Academic assesses listening, reading, speaking and writing all via computer in a single 3 hour test session.
To complete a PTE Academic test, you will need to attend a secure Pearson test centre. You will use a computer and headset to listen to, read and respond to questions.
During the three-hour test session there will be three main parts to the test: speaking and writing (together), listening and reading. There are twenty different question formats, ranging from multiple choice through to essay writing and interpreting information.
PTE Academic assesses real-life, academic content, so you will hear excerpts from lectures and view graphs and charts. You will hear a range of accents in the test, from British and American to non-native speakers, so you will be exposed to the type of accents you will encounter in everyday life.
PART 1: SPEAKING & WRITING (77 – 93 minutes)
- Personal Introduction
- Read aloud
- Repeat sentence
- Describe image
- Re-tell lecture
- Answer short question
- Summarize written text (one sentence)
- Summarize written text (paragraph)
- Essay (20mins)
PART 2: READING (32 – 41 minutes)
- Multiple choice questions (x2)
- Re-order paragraphs
- Fill in the blanks (x2)
A ten minute break is optional
PART 3: LISTENING (45 – 57 minutes)
- Summarize spoken text
- Multiple choice x2
- Fill the blanks
- Highlight the correct summary
- Select missing word
- Highlight incorrect words
- Write from dictation